AVORIAZ 1800 On arrival
in a vehicle-free resort
Follow the guide for a smooth arrival in this resort with a difference.
Avoriaz 1800 is Europe’s only fully skiable, vehicle-free resort, where the streets look just like ski slopes. Forget pavements. Here, your feet stay firmly in the snow, on streets of white where skiers meet pedestrians and horse-drawn sleighs. A children’s paradise with a unique, magical atmosphere, far away from the daily grind.
The « Resort Reception » Zone
Located at the resort entrance 1,800 metres above sea level, the reception zone is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the holiday season. Receptionists are on hand to provide any information you may need and give you directions.
Services and facilities at your disoposal:
- Indoor and outdoor car parks
- Snow vehicle and sleigh departures
- Luggage sledges (release with a 1€ or 2€ coin)
- Heated waiting room
- Luggage room(leave your luggage in a safe place every Saturday from 8:30 am to 5 pm to enjoy your day. Contact : 04 50 74 06 45)
- Hot drinks dispenser
- Public toilets
The Prodains Express Cable Car Station
Located down in the Morzine valley, this lift takes just 4 minutes to carry arriving holidaymakers all the way up to Place Jean Vuarnet in Avoriaz 1800. From there, you can phone for a sleigh or snow vehicle to take you to your accommodation.
The cable car operates to a set timetable, every day during the season, and there’s an outdoor car park right next to the cable car station.
- Keep your coats, hats and gloves within easy reach as you’ll need them to keep warm as soon as you arrive.
- Heeled shoes, leather shoes and slippery soles are ideal if you want to try a spot of figure skating, but hardly suitable for walking on snow. Wear proper boots equipped with crampons or shoes suitable for walking in the snow.
- Suitcases on wheels are very practical, but don’t work very well on snow. If you can, opt for travel bags and rucksacks instead. It is important to bring luggage that is compact and which closes properly, and to use carry cases for your ski equipment.
- Pushchairs are not practical on snow either, but special pushchairs on runners are available for rent from most of our ski gear retailers. They’ll make your life easier and your children will love them.
- Avoriaz 1800 is divided into different districts. To avoid any stress on arrival, find out beforehand the name and district of your apartment building, and don’t hesitate to check the resort map.
Horse-drawn sleighs & snow vehicles
20 sleigh drivers and their 100 horses provide a daytime taxi service that is backed up on arrival days with snow vehicles which also operate a night taxi service. This transport service is accessible via a single number which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Explore the resort's snow-covered streets or visit the ski area for a taste of what's to come. While waiting for your holiday, take a quick virtual tour of Avoriaz 1800.
Avoriaz 1800 is a car-free resort where the streets become ski slopes in winter, much to the delight of holidaymakers. There are several different options for parking your car.